Monday, August 18, 2008

Six Years and Counting


We are celebrating six years of marriage. We like celebrations that continue, so we celebrated with a trip to Lyon on Saturday where we went biking in a beautiful park/zoo with the girls. Then we hopped a bus to make a special trip to Starbucks! The one in Lyon is the closest one to us, and it is new. SA had a strawberry frappuccino, I had a mocha frappuccino, Danny had a latte and we all split a yummy blueberry muffin. Danny even treated me to a Starbucks Lyon mug and some Kenyan coffee which we have been enjoying the past couple of mornings! Mmmmm!

Yesterday was officially our anniversary, so we enjoyed lunch at a charming auberge in the mountains where we had truffade, a local potato cheese specialty dish which is served with cured ham. The girls were with us, and SA had "poppy" ice cream for dessert! I love that the French make ice cream from my favorite red wild flower! It was a luscious pink color that, of course, ended up all over SA's cute outfit, but I am happy to report that this time I managed to removed the stains!

Last night, after our usual Sunday dinner of scrambled eggs, bacon, toast and champagne, we had a yummy foret noire for dessert! This morning we walked to the market where SA rode the merry go round and we procured our fruits and vegetables along with a prepared chicken and potatoes for lunch. And currently, Danny is busily preparing yellow pepper soup with cilantro puree to have with the steaks and sweet potatoes that we will be enjoying for dinner in the jardin. I am enjoying this nice break fromt he kitchen, the vacation in France, and having my husband home for a change. Life is good, and I am so thankful for my husband who actually enjoys cooking on his vacation!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 6 years!! I'm sure you were so glad to get away after that crazy week you had before. I'm so sorry about the mastitis--do you have a pump to use for some relief? And I had to snicker about the plumbing issue, as it reminds me of a certain apartment adventure senior year at AU.

I hope you're enjoying your last few months in France. When will you be back in the US, and when might you be in Nashville? I want to know when would be a good time to catch a SW flight from here.

Love you,
Bec

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! We love you guys :)
Jesse and Tracy

Senegal Daily said...

Congratulations! Six years is a great milestone.

I've enjoyed reading your blog. My husband and I live in Lyon so it was fun to read about your trip to Parc de la Tête dOr and Starbucks.

- K

(PS - I write Lyon Eats, so I found your blog through a link to it.)